Wednesday, March 10, 2010

069



So I did two color versions of this. The first one was pretty color-by-numbers-supergirl, then, as a joke I was going to do a Burger King variant so I moved some colors around and sampled them from a BK sign, and well, it just didn't look like a Burger King Supergirl the way that last week's looked like McDonald's. So I screwed with the colors some more until I had what you see above. Looking back at the original colors for this, I knew I had to post this instead. It made a design that was pretty "bleh" something that I feel is a little bit more worth looking at. So there.



Edited to add the original colors for yesterday's Supergirl. See what I mean?

15 comments:

Dean Trippe said...

Totally turned out rad.

kendallgoode said...

Definitely one of my favorites so far.

Chris G. said...

hawt

Rich C said...

Nice design :)

Anna said...

Worth looking at indeed. This is my favorite of the lot so far.

mike said...

this is my favorite one yet. love the earrings!

Alex Getts said...

Awesome!

Phil Young said...

Awesome man!! Best SG so far!!

Frans Boukas said...

Fantastic design sir.

tombo said...

Very cool. I love all the different designs that you come up for Supergirl.Fantastic!
If you get a chance, could you check out my blog? Thanks.
http://tombo163.blogspot.com/
Let me know what you think. :)

Mike Exner III said...

Yeah, you did good. This is pretty easy on the eyes.

jason quinones said...

love these color supergirls!

all of 'em!! even mickey d's supergirl. especially post 50!

Dan C said...

Beautiful. Love the colors, and the drawing itself is just flawless.

Avi Bastermagian said...

How about color sampling from an old school orange and brown BK logo? I miss the old look, it made me feel like Mr. Furley was misconstruing innocent banter as sexually deviant dialogue one booth over every time I ate a whopper.

Sean said...

This is a costume design that DC could seriously consider - especially the hair. LOVE the long plait. It's a real winner.