Tuesday, March 13, 2012

whatnot

Hey, gang. Those of you who are familiar with it may have noticed that I've joined the AMAZING group of artists at the WhatNot blog. I know I said I'd never join an online artist collective or whatever, because I wouldn't want to be the weakest link in the group, and also wouldn't want to be in a group with people even shittier than I am, but there's a good reason for joining the WhatNot gang. Being the weakest link is an important job. It's a necessary role to draw focus to how super-fantastic those folks are by providing mediocre artwork to contrast the brilliant efforts put forth by the other new and existing members. If all they had was top-notch talent, you wouldn't appreciate the work being displayed. This way, though, you get a firm reminder that not all "art" is amazing, and you'll appreciate the work they do that much more. Totally makes sense.

I finally serve a purpose in this crazy world. Feels good, man.

Anyway, my first submission for last week's theme of "favorite comic book artist" can be seen here. It's okay, I guess, even if it's not a very good likeness. I kinda prefer my original, unreferenced sketch, though it was done before I had that idea for the hat. Whatever. Check it out.




Here's a bonus sketch of one of my other favorite comic artists, Newt Beauregard.



Lastly, I am still chipping away at LOOKIT orders. I sent a few off yesterday, and hope to have this whole ordeal wrapped up in the next few weeks. I am truly sorry for the wait you all have had to endure. I love you.

Thanks for looking.

9 comments:

Neil said...

RE: Lookit: No problem! Has mine been sent off yet? Can I change the drawing I want if it hasn't? ALWAYS MAKING YOUR LIFE HARDER

Shinolahead said...

Good drawers that bitch about how much they suck steal my boners. Knock it off.

Craig Zablo said...

Welcome back, bro!

Ryan Cody said...

I love the one with the crown/cap on Whatnot. This is cool too.

Abbi - juegos de ben 10 said...

that is great.. so god

st3ady said...

dunno if u saw this

http://i.imgur.com/K3cDx.jpg

LAWL

st3ady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dilma juegos de cocina said...

look great, really cute

Anonymous said...

Anybody know any details about the rest of the Lookit's shipping out? This is dragging on too long.